Sunday, June 6, 2010

Telethon Weekend 2010

Dear Reader,

My time on the telethon is now over. It was very fun. There is so much energy in that atmosphere and it is bounced around and recycled. Going to the telethon actually seemed to give me more energy.

I was disappointed Saturday because I was going to go on live, and my bone marrow donor was going to try and watch me via the All Children's Hosptial Telethon website. I kept thinking to myself all day long before I went on, "Talk slowly, say each word, and give a shout out." My donor isn't very fluent in American English yet. As soon as I went up there and got on stage with the lights and cameras in my face, I just forgot everything! Poof!

Maybe, if I get invited back to the telethon next year, I can have a pre-recorded segment too so I can say what I want. I wanted to encourage people to consider donating more than money.

Anyway, I have lots of pictures from then that I stole off of flicker. Here is one of me, Brother, and Resi when I appeared live at 8:42pm on Saturday.

Thank you Resi and Helen for my Willow Tree Angels!!!


This picture is of my friends the Hawks. From left to right we have, the Big Hawkuna, Hawk-let, Steve Jerve (The news guy), HawkMan, and HawkMom/Lady Hawk Liver/Lady Hawk (many code names this ones has). Everyone agrees that their family looks made for TV.

These are people who help make it all happen! The coordinator (I think?) and the tech/picture/Internet guy who is also on the Family Advisory Council and whom everyone likes. Everyone likes the lady too, but she isn't on the Family Advisory Council, yet. That's Peter Pan in the background, by the way.

The following are pictures of the Family Advisory Council (which I am on) when we answered phones. Answering phones at the All Children's Hospital Telethon was such a rush! The Big Hawkuna had to visit the lavatory shortly after our shift started it was so exciting. My phone rang twice with a real person on the other end.

The next picture is one of my favorite from the night, taken by on Father Goose's cell phone. It is rather good, don't you think? Going from left to right we have Hawk Lady, the Big Hawkuna, and Father Goose.

This one has me in it!

I hope you enjoyed my pictures and had a great weekend! If you didn't get the chance to call in during the telethon, you can still go to All Children's Hospital's website and donate there. You can help save lives. If you can't donate money, that is okay, you can donate your vital organs instead! Or your other organs! Or your blood, or your hair, or your unopened toys, its your choice really...

The final amount raised from the telethon is $3,343,930! Thank you so much to everyone who donated!
Love, Miss E.

2 comments:

  1. I had such a great time!! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to be a part of the telethon and hope we can do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete