Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

Dear Reader,

My Grannee and Young Cousin are home now. We had a great week with them. They left this morning at about 6:30ish. Things are already back to normal here, very exciting events have already occurred since they left.

I made lasagna for dinner tonight. There were some noodles left over that didn't make it into the dinner, so I fed them to the chickens in the back yard. Stinky was helping me. My dad was washing his car in the drive way, but I couldn't see him very well because my view was blocked by the van, hill, and car-port. When I was done, I went to the garage to wash the wet noodle slime off of my hands. I found Mom pacing around on the phone. She was animated, waving her hands in the air, and had a look of urgency on her face.

I ignored it. She was probably frustrated with some insurance person.

I turned on the sink in the garage to wash my hands.

"There's no water." I said.

"I know." I heard from my pacing mother, "You're dad hit the well."

I got up to inspect the scene of the incident. My dad was not giving his car a bath as I had thought. Instead his car was parked next to a gushing water fountain that was right where our old water pump used to be.

My cup runneth over.

Dancing with excitement, I bounced over to the miniature Ol' Faithful and stuck my hands in to wash off my noodle slime. I went back into the garage, soaped up my hands with a bar of soap, went outside to rinse it off, and discovered the fountain was no longer spewing forth any water.

Holding my hands up in the air, I went back in the garage and discovered that my pacing mother had disappeared. I knocked on the door to the house.

Mom opened it for me. I explained my hands in the air with, "My hands are covered in soap." She was quite humored by this and offered me a baby wipe, which didn't work, and then some hand sanitizer, which also didn't help get the soap off.

Eventually I found an old water bottle that nobody was claiming and Mom poured it over my hands slowly so I could wash the dry soapy sticky off.

Immediately after my hands were free I got the camera and went out to access the damage with Mom. The dogs also felt the need to help with the inspection.

From left to right: Mom's hand, Clown, Baby, and Piggy

The pipes inside were very broken, even with the big concrete box protecting them. Dad just ran right into it. Everyone was having a hard time believing it, especially Baby.

Anyway, we weren't that long without water. The Plumber Man and his wife came over and fixed it straight away. They were very nice people. I gave the Plumber Man some of my lasagna and he said it was really good. They gave us a very good price for fixing the well, I think my lasagna had something to do with that, but I'm not sure.

So, yeah. Things are definitely back to normal at the Ellaneous house.

I hope you had a Happy Easter! May your cup gusheth over!
Miss Ellaneous


  1. Too Bad you did not get a picture of the water fountain in the yard. Great story! I love baby!

  2. So glad things are back to normal. How did this little accident happen? Isn't this his "new" car after a previous incident? Baby looks very concerned!

  3. Wow! What an exciting day! Thanks for the pictures.

  4. What a lovely commentary on life and "stuff happens"!!!