Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bloody Platelets!

Hi Ya Reader!

It is 4:30am right now as I'm typing this. I woke up at about 3 and at 3:30 I started reading The Meanest Mom which I continued to do until I had to go to the bathroom. I thought I would be more sleepy after I went, but I still feel quite awake.

Yesterday, Wednesday, I went to clinic. I have had these bruises on my thighs for about a week or week and a half now and they were getting worse. So, Tuesday we called Patch and told her and she told us to come to clinic to get my counts checked. These bruises are kind of strange for me because they actually hurt when I touch or press on them. I usually only sport decorative bruises, they don't hurt or bother me, they are just there for looks.

Patch told us that she wasn't the doctor on call and that House would be our doctor.

House is named after Dr. House from the show "House". Both characters are always right and know that they know EVERYTHING and you don't know anything, and they are right and you are wrong. No question. House is getting better though, he's come to the fact that I "don't follow the rules". Usually when he explains something, the words he uses are words that are supposed to make you feel like you did something wrong. I don't know if he does this on purpose or not, but that is just the way he is. Patch just tells me that I "write my own text book". Patch always words things so that you never feel like it is your fault, unless she is teasing you, or unless it really is your fault.

Anyway, the bruises on my right thigh are fairly large. I've had larger, but that's not saying much. They are about the size of a Piggy paw, or goat hoof, or a 2-4 year old child foot. There are two of them, one bigger than the other, and they are conjoined. They are light purple on the outside and change to red as you get towards the center, and appear to be spreading out on my leg. One bruise has a little "rock" underneath. The 2 visible bruises on my left thigh are smaller and greenish in color. They are about the dime or nickel sized and more circular with no "rocks".

I de-accessed myself at home before we left for clinic so I could take a nice, needless shower and as soon as I took the needle out of the port in my chest blood literally shot out of me! I still had my pajamas on. I pulled my T-Shirt away from my body so that I wouldn't get blood on it, I was unsuccessful. Good thing I don't wear tight clothes much. The blood had stopped shooting out of me by now and was pouring out from my little needle hole instead. I grabbed a tissue (the first thing I saw), put it on the hole as fast as I could, and applied pressure. My blood had already dripped down my stomach and onto my shorts. There was blood on my foot and the floor as well. My fingers also had blood on them. I was a bloody mess!

I cleaned up the blood off the floor and dabbed the blood off my foot and I went to show and tell Mom. She was on the lanai on the phone with some lady who works for AT&T trying to figure out why she couldn't send text messages anymore. Baby was with her. I told Mom about my blood fountain, she looked at me and I think heard most of what I said, but was still on the phone. I checked my hole to see if it had stopped bleeding and it had. So then I showed Mom my blood soiled tissue, just to make sure she fully understood what had happened. She said, "Oh that's not good." as Baby (the little family baby dog or rather babied dog) came to lick some of the blood off my foot. Right after that I went to the shower and then we were off to clinic.

When we got to clinic Agent 99 (my clinic nurse) sucked my blood and sent it to the lab. Mom and I were expecting low platelets with my bruises and bleeding. Agent 99 and Mom were supper insistent on ordering lunch for me. I have to be on the "low microbial diet" until I get an immune system, so I can't eat just anywhere. Agent 99 can order food for me from the hospital when I'm at clinic. I eventually gave in and ordered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and two bananas. I don't really eat meatless sandwiches, but I wasn't really hungry anyway.

We learned that my platelets were 104, which is a low some-thing-to-be-worried-about number for a normal person, but a pretty decent number for me. We were both surprised and pleased.

A little while after that, House came. He looked me over, told me he got a new puppy. Declared me good looking, and made an appointment for me for next week.

Eeep! I just looked at the battery and I haven't got much time left! I got to close this supper fast.....

My creatinine (kidney function number) was up to 2.8 again, which is not good. I'm going to have to drink a lot to try to get it back down.

My dad just woke up, it is 5:37 now. He wakes up early everyday to feed the chickens and go to work and what not.

Ummm, I can't think of much else that has happened. I need to work in school a bit. My grades are wonderfully beautiful, as always, but I'm a bit behind in some classes. So, that is part of the reason I haven't been blogging very much. I'm grounding myself off of certain communications and toys.

Thanks for reading, and if you are praying for me, thank you for those too! They are much appreciated!
Your, Miss E.


  1. Keep up the good school work Wonder Woman! How is driver's ed coming along?

  2. well, i really hope you get better soon, i am keeping up with your blogs and just now figured out how to comment. I was looking for this box at the bottom of the blog like on the carepages thing, but it wasnt, and i found it. I am so glad that you are doing great in school and am looking forward to your next blog. I am wishing for the best for you

  3. Always praying for you! Your mum must be so happy that you ground yourself and she does not need to intervene. You are the perfect daughter!

    Love, Your #1 Fan

  4. Mother Goose told me she finally figured out how to read your blog (she is a little busy with Princess home from school and all...) I asked her if she posted a note and she said she couldn't figure out how to do it. I'll show her this weekend.

    We hope those bruises go away and that projectile blood stays where it belongs!

    Have a great weekend!

  5. Hi Miss, we wanted to let you know that we will be seeing you every month at the council meetings. We received a letter today welcoming us aboard (we hear you and your #1 fan might have had something to do with that). We are excited and hope we can help make a difference! See you soon!