Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dairy Queen, Driving Lesson, and More

Dear Reader,

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. Loads has happened too! Well, for me anyway... For people who are not confined to their home, then probably not so much has happened. These are my memoirs though, not theirs, and I say that loads has happened. I'll tell you about all the exciting happenings.

Last Friday we did something pretty exciting. After we picked up Brother from school we decided to go to Dairy Queen. Brother was very thirsty and I asked if he could please have a Moo-Late for me. I can't have one. I'm not allowed to eat any restaurant food because it is too germy and it is not on the low-microbial diet. So off to Dairy Queen we went!

It was our first time going to Dairy Queen since before my transplant, so about 2 years. It was quite exciting. We were waiting in line. Piggy and Brother were in the middle seats in the van, and Baby, Mommy and Me were in the front. As we get closer to the window, Mom can see inside the restaurant where the menu is posted. She starts to read every item that Diary Queen serves, "Hot-Dog, Chili-Dog, Cheese-Dog, Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Chicken Wrap, Chicken Sandwich, French French Fries, Cheese Fries..." on and on. So finally I burst out with an "Aaahhhugghhh!" ultra dramatically, complete with closing of the eyes and bending toward the dashboard. In doing this, I cause the fellow humans in the car to burst with laughter. Mom apologizes, claiming she "Didn't realize." Her apologizes were soo believable once I was able to hear them through her laughter.

Anyway, Mom and Brother got Carmel Moo-Lates and Baby and Piggy got "Puppy Cups". I got to watch, and that was about it for our visit to the Diary Queen.

The next exciting thing happened on Sunday. See, Saturday Brother and Mom went to the flea market for breakfast. Mom has been a bit hooked on flea markets since Dad took her there for a mega romantic breakfast date 2 weeks ago. So, she went with Brother there on Saturday and there was a humane society adopting out puppies. Mom and Brother got to hold the cutest puppies and thought and talked about puppies for the rest of the day. I love puppies. Mom took a picture of the puppy she thought was the cutest so I could see. Anyway, since then Brother had been wanting to bring his dog back in the house. She had been living outside because Brother doesn't keep her clean enough to be an inside dog. Mom told him as long as she was clean and he kept her clean (meaning a bath every week or more) she could come in.

Brother slept the rest of Saturday and didn't get to bring her in that day. However, Sunday at the crack of early morning I hear Brother calling his dog in the house. He had gotten up early and given her a bath so he could bring her in. So, Sunday was the day Brother's dog moved in the house.

I have assigned the code-name "Pineapple" to Brother's dog. Brother's dog is a very mean looking dog. She's very strong and built tough. She is DEFINITELY part Rottweiler. When brother plays with her, she can make her mouth foam if she wants. She has the ability to make any trespasser wet themselves, even though she's only ever bitten someone and drawn blood once. She is the sweetest dog though, very loving and so gentle. Pineapple is the second most gentle dog we have next to Piggy and that is coming from a biased person. Pineapple gets her name because pineapples look mean and hurtful on the outside, but on the inside they are purely sweet goodness.

So that is what happened Sunday! Brother was really nice and sweet and smiley all day Sunday and most of Monday. I think he really likes having his Pineapple in the house. She loves him too, she follows him everywhere, and waits for him if he closes a door on her. She has to know where he is all the time. She's a good dog for him.

Monday I got up early! Brother and Pineapple were up early (Pineapple is still getting used to the house schedule) and Piggy heard them and woke me up. So I was up at 6am. I decided to go with to drop Brother at school. After Mom dropped Brother, she had to go do some errands. One of which was to go to Lowe's and look at some shelving for my room. When she got inside, she called me on the phone and said, "Miss E. there's not many people in here. Do you want to come in?" I'm kind of unsure of the idea, but I do want to come in, so I say, "Ummm. Sure."

I grabbed my mask and I walked to the doors. I put it on and I went in. I felt kind of like I was breaking a law. My eyes were darting all around, trying to take in everything. I think Mom's eyes were darting around too, but I think she was on the look out for people catching her performing her criminal act. I saw the pumpkins for Halloween, and the ghosts too. They had Christmas trees, lights, and those big blow-up things for your yard. There were grills and cans of things, and a bunch of pretty new yellow and green John Deeres. Mom also made sure to point out the pressure washers to me, as that is what she really wants for her birthday.

We found the shelves very fast, and also found this really cute polka-dotted trash can. We bought the trash can and nothing else. I was able to walk all the way to the back of the store and back up to the cash register and I didn't get exhausted. I thought that was pretty cool!

When we got back to the van, we went to the next errand which was Wal*Mart. Mom wanted to sneak me in there too. She loves to break rules, and once she gets started she's hard to stop. I expressed to her that it probably wasn't a good idea though, and I stayed in the car and took a nap.

Pretty soon I'll be driving to all these places. I have finished my driver's ed course and am really looking forward to my birthday. It is less than a month away now! Getting my driving permit is on my mind very often and I think it is on Mom's too, because Monday she decided to give me a lesson in "what not to do while driving".

Brother had his soccer practice switched from Tuesday to Monday this week, and I think it is going to be that way next week too. I didn't train Piggy that day like I usually do, but I went with Mom to drop him off. On the way home from dropping Brother at soccer practice, Mom had a sudden realization which she announced out loud. "It's October! It's breast cancer awareness month! I need to do a breast exam!" Mom then proceeded to lift up her arm and conduct her breast exam right there on the busy Highway 491! Once she had thoroughly examined herself (which actually took a while, two red lights), she announced that she's always been a little lumpy, and didn't think she found anything out of the ordinary. I was able to learn from careful observation, that you should not conduct breast exams and drive. Don't get me wrong though, Mom drove great! It was the other drivers that were having trouble keeping their eyes on the road.


  1. I am so glad to read about all your excitement and that your mom's breast exam was a good one. You are so right, do not ever do an exam like that while driving! Your mom sounds a little crazy to me. However, I am sure she is a wonderful person.
    Love, Your #1 Fan

  2. Rock on girlie! I can see you now, sluething through the Lowes. Love it!

    Love, Lisa Hawk

  3. #1 Fan, you are right, my mom is a bit crazy! But she is a wonderful person too.

    Lisa, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting! I want to introduce you to Mother Goose, and Father Goose too!

  4. What two hoodlums you both are! I hope it was fun!

  5. DQ...yum! Pineapple...very creative! Flea market for a romantic breakfast???? Lowes...you are too crazy! Breast exam while driving...I'll have to start paying more attention while driving!

    See you soon!
    Your #2 Fans

  6. Hi miss!
    that made me laugh so hard when reading about your mother! It made my day, thanks!
    Hope you are doing well. I'm 14 too :)